Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goodies this week from the Hollywood Farmers Market




One great thing about living in LA are the Farmers Markets! As Angelinos, we have unheard-of access to fresh produce. However, if you are a newbie to local produce like me, then most of it looks like veggies that may turn into that monster from "Little Shop of Horrors."

In an effort to expand my taste buds, I will be the guinea pig who tries those little monsters. I am committed to pick out a few things each week from the Hollywood Farmers Market. I have to figure out what to do with them. No matter how unusual to me, I must find a recipe and eat it (and so will my husband, possibly my dogs). If successful, I will share it with you.

If you have a good recipe, please feel free to share!

Ok, so this week is a full line-up of treasures (found at the Hollywood Farmers Market):
- Rutabaga
- Turnips
- Fennel
- Baby Artichokes

Let us see what happens....



No comments:

Post a Comment